Privacy Notice and Terms
Unless we state otherwise, this Policy applies when you visit or use the Company websites – www.mezzohead.com, www.newlybride.com, www.myrnadaramy.com, our social media channels and related platforms (“Platforms”).
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Information You Provide Us
Here are some examples of data we collect from information you provide us:
- Electronic Communications from Company:If you elect to receive email notifications from us, we collect your name and email address so that we can send you email communications about the requested information, products, and services.
- Customer Support: If you contact us (via email, phone, text, messaging platform, or through our social media channels), we may collect and store your name, email address, the content of your message, information about your business and any other data you provide.
b. Automatically Collected Information through Tracking Technologies
When you visit or access the Platforms, including our email communications, we use tracking technologies like cookies, pixels, web beacons, tags, and other tracking technologies to collect information about your engagement, as well as your browsing and purchasing behavior. These tracking technologies include:
- Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to a website users browser from a Web server and is stored on the computer's hard drive. We use non-identifying cookies to provide easier site navigation. Our Platforms can still be used if your browser is set to reject cookies. Our cookies do not generate personal data, do not read personal data from your machine and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you. Information gathered through cookies may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
We use these tracking technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our Platforms – whether accessed through a browser or a mobile device - in various ways. In particular, these technologies help:
- make our Platforms easier to use;
- better tailor our Platforms to your interests and needs;
- carry out profiling activities in order to learn more about you;
- offer you tailored advertising based on your behavior on our Platforms;
- provide better customer service, and
- compile anonymous, aggregated information that allow us to better understand our customers and visitors.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We use collected information in a variety of ways, including to:
- process and fulfill purchases of products and services and keep you informed about the status of the same;
- communicate about and administer our products, services, events, online webinars, podcasts, programs and promotions (such as by sending transactional emails about your purchases and/or User Account, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, contests, promotions, and giveaways;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your User Account;
- respond to your inquiries, comments, and applications;
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting and billing activities).
The legal basis for processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
a. Publicly Shared Information
Any information that you voluntarily choose to share in a public area of our Platforms (for example, by posting a comment to a blog post) will be available to anyone who has access to that content.
b. To Company Employees and Contractors
We may share your personal information within the Company to our employees and contractors in order to deliver our services and products to you.
c. Third-Party Service Providers
We use third-party service providers to collect and process personal information from or about you on our behalf. Examples include data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, customer services and support, hosting User Accounts, processing credit card payments, and collecting customer research or satisfaction surveys. They have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
d. Online Advertising Services
We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook® and Instagram®, to deliver advertising about our products and services on our Platforms, as well as other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
e. Analytic Services
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics® on the Platforms. These services use tools to help us analyze your use of the Platforms, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Platforms, usage and performance data, and purchasing behavior. We use this data to improve the Platforms and provide information, products and services that may be of interest to you.
f. Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance
We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
g. Change of Ownership
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITh
The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Platforms or over email; any transmission is at your own risk.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Platforms:
- Marketing Email Communications: You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all marketing email messages from us or by contacting us here.
- Transactional or Service Email Communications:Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications, product updates, and billing information), and your Company products and services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. If you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications from us, you must cancel your User Account for Company products and services. To cancel your User Account, you can mark this preference in your Account Settings. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your User Account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
- Navigation Information:You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
The Platforms may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Platforms. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platforms. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
In order for us to provide the products and services to you, your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. Where data is shared with third-party data processors, your data will be captured, transferred, stored and processed in accordance with their policies, practices and in compliance with their local regulatory laws.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We purge non-customer email subscribers who have not engaged with the Company’s email marketing communications after (180+) days. If you wish to delete your information, please contact us here.
Minors should not use the Platforms. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. Parents who believe that Company may have collected personal information from a minor can submit a request that it be removed by contacting us here.
OUR POLICY CONCERNING MINORS
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Your continued use of the Platforms after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to us here with the phrase “California Resident Inquiry” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
Since the internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, solutions, and implementations, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS